Friday 6 January 2012

Photography inspiration.

I've recently hit a brick wall with my university work and i'm in need of some inspiration. The way in which my course is set out is we don't have photography "projects" we simply have to create a body of work and have total freedom on what we do. This structure was completely different to every other occasion in which i've studied photography so i'd be lying if I said it was an easy transition. Many other of my classmates also struggled with this coming from A-level and foundation courses having the structure of being set projects is what we are used to. Our tutors told us not to worry too much about having a wonderful initial idea and we shout just "shoot" and see where it goes, so thats what I did. I went down the route of "documentary street photography" simply taking photographs on my canon a-e1 which i'd recently gotten a hold of. Unfortunately the camera had a fault and many of my images were full of light leaks and the film had been fogged. This then led to the idea of serendipity and "happy accidents" I started experimenting with pin hole photography and film photography in a more creative way. This I really struggled with due to being at university all day and the amount of available light around this time of year being quite limited i've completely lost all motivation. I've barely taken any photographs and I feel working in such a way is really holding me back, theres only so many photographs you can take of people in the city centre without wanting to slit your wrists.

I'm craving conceptual photography, I miss having an idea in my head, planning it out, finding the props for it and setting up the image like I used to with my old self-portraiture. I miss that feeling of pride when all the effort into creating an image has finally paid off. Therefore i'm having a change of direction and i've been scouring the internet for some inspiration to get my started again.

all images found on weheartit
















Lets hope I get back on track soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment